What are common best practices for collecting logs for the problem investigation of a support ticket?
- Separate the logs based on process/pod roles into separate files (e.g. JM, TM, etc.).
- Collect plain Flink or Ververica Platform logs, order by time. Avoid JSON/CSV format if possible
- JSON/CVS formats often contain redundant info timestamps or container metadata
- Collect logs only for the relevant time frame, share additional logs when requested.
- Collect logs only for the relevant job/deployment
- Compress large logs files before attaching.